Victory! The Board has done their job referring the ballot measure; now we need to do our job. Iam27j is a grassroots campaign, driven by volunteers and and fueled by supporters like you.
Here are three things you can do this week to help the kids of 27j:
- Make a donation of $27 or more and get an Iam27j window cling for your car - a great way to help the community become aware of the ballot issue!
- Sharpen your pencils and mark your calendar for the Handwritten Postcard Party on Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017 at 6:00 PM at the SD27j Training Center (8th Ave, just south of Bridge St). RSVP here.
- Make sure your voter registration is up-to-date so you receive a mail ballot. Just visit www.govotecolorado.org.
And if you haven't made your "Pledge to Vote" yet, what are you waiting for?
Thanks to the hundreds of vote pledges and packed board meeting room, we passed the first hurdle. The board unanimously referred the measure to voters! In the next 10 days, the Adams County clerk will assign us a label (3A, 3B, etc.). At that point we will start printing materials and signs.
THE CAFETERIA WAS PACKED!!!
Now the real work begins! Here are three things you can do right now (in priority order) to help the campaign get off to a good start:
- Get your window cling. Give $27 for 27J and get a free window cling.
- Sign up for our first event. Help us handwrite postcards to targeted voters the evening of Sept. 14th.
- Make sure your voter registration is up to date. Visit www.govotecolorado.com.
Tonight's board meeting is the first milestone in becoming a great district. We can be a district that is worthy of the awesome potential of the kids in our growing community. All it takes is hundreds of people stepping up to put their time and voice into our community.