The proposed Mill Levy Override would:
- Hire additional teachers providing specialized instruction in STEM/Career and Technical Education.
- Offer teachers more competitive salaries.
- Attract and retain the best teachers.
- Update equipment and educational materials so students are college and career ready.
The proposed bond issue would:
- Build STEM/Career & Technical Education centers at each high school. Create opportunities so that ALL students are on a path to good paying jobs.
- Build new facilities. Relieve overcrowded schools in the district.
- Make needed safety and security upgrades to schools.
The proposed mill levy override investment would cost the average homeowner $237/year. That’s about $5/week. And it would benefit more than 20,000 students every day. The proposed bond package would not increase tax rates.
Charter schools students represent over 20% of student population, these schools will benefit from these packages, as well.